MAN WEEK has become an annual tradition around here. This tongue-in-cheek theme is our nod to all the creative blokes out there, shared each year in the lead up to Father’s day. As the week plays out, we’ll be profiling a bunch of clever local designers and creative men who we think deserve a little moment in the spotlight.
Today, we’re kicking the week off with an epic MAN inspired gift guide and GIVEAWAY, just in time for Father’s Day. This year, we’re channelling a timeless and sophisticated aesthetic. To achieve such a look, we sought out a very special location – vintage furniture and lighting store, in Abbotsford! With the most remarkable eye for rare and collectible furniture, lighting and homewares, Nicholas and Alistair’s showroom was the perfect backdrop for our discerning edit of design-led gift ideas.
We hope you will be inspired by this gift guide if you find yourself shopping for the man in your life this week. There’s a cross section of locally designed pieces, alongside items sourced from a handful of our favourite local retailers and brands. We are super grateful to all the designers, retailers and brands listed below who came to the party, generously offering up their wonderful wares for inclusion – please do check them all out!
To be in the running to win one of the items listed below for our 2017 ‘Man Week’ gift guide, simply leave a comment on today’s post, stating in 40 words or less who your ‘main man’ is, and why they deserve one of these awesome gifts. Please also include your POSTCODE. Leave your comment before 10.00pm Melbourne time this Wednesday 30th August 2017.
Please be patient if WordPress struggles to keep up with the entries this morning, as you have three days to enter. Fourteen winners will be selected and ed by email next week.
The Full Father’s Day Giveaway Line Up!
with milk frothing wand ($799) and Pixie Expresso,Cups ($70.00 for a set of 4).
– ‘Vision in Motion, Motion in Vision’ 2016 by Jonny Niesche ($1,100.00)
– PLAY:1 wireless speaker ($299.00)
– Crane Frying Pan 23cm ($259.00)
– Kartell Umbrella Stand from ($225)
– Peau d’Espagne Eau de Cologne ($180.00) and Body Milk for Man ($102.00)
– Umbrella ($24.95) and hard carry case ($229.00)
– Cantili tape dispenser black from Top3 Design ($168.00),
– Glengoyne 12 Year Old Scotch Whisky 700ml ($84.99), Peter Lehmann The Barossan Shiraz ($18.80), Denver and Liely Whisky Glass ($49.90 each)
– 1 year subscription ($169.00)
– Nike Cortez SE ($140.00) and Rains Zip Bag ($130.00)
– A2 Active ($595.00)
– iPhone case 3 card ($89.95)
– Pyramid Stacks Cufflinks by Melanie Katsalidis ($240.00)