This website uses s to improve your experience navigating our site. By continuing to browse, you are agreeing to our use of s.
OK, I understand
OK so if you're in Melbourne this month I'm sure you KNOW Craft Victoria's annual festival, is on again, running until September 1st. The lineup of public workshops, exhibitions, open studios, retail happenings and satellite events is particularly epic this year... it's always a very mixed bag, but that's the best bit!
It was very hard choosing just a few highlights - here goes...
· Artist Esther Stewart's unique wall installation at in Flinders Lane, pictured below. (we profiled Esther HERE, she is a superstar).
· Elsternwick craft hub are running 'Share the Love', a mini-festival under the Craft Cubed umbrella, comprising a myriad of hands-on workshops hosted by respected local makers including and . Book online .
· Sydney-born, Tokyo-based cult crafter is in town, doing a residency at ! Unsurprisingly her workshops are SOLD OUT but keep your eyes glued to (and instagram!) for info about her window installation and pop-up shop at Harvest Workroom over the course of her residency this month.
· Melbourne paper artist has created 'Enchanting Form' a colour-popping pocket-sized exhibition at in Fitzroy until the end of the month.
· Melbourne creative duo have launched a new range of handcrafted neoprene camera straps and other accessories, celebrating with a quirky installation in-store at , Lygon st Brunswick, until August 23rd.
· is an exhibition of contemporary needlecraft, bringing together nine contemporary Australian textile artists and crafters who use embroidery in their work, including , Evie Barrow of and Sydney stitch sisters . (More on this tomorrow!).
Clever craft heads, please do not kill me if your event is not listed here... there is quite simply too much goodness to summarise. I implore all of you to check out the for the full rundown!